Library is a counter part of a school physical infrastructure. Our library has plenty of books consist workbook, reference books, fiction, non-fiction books at various reading levels. The library provides many children with their first chance to use and enjoy a library. The school library is a welcoming place for study and reading. The school library is to support the students and teachers by providing access to current, adequate and appropriate information resources. It is also to ensure that all the students, teachers and staff are effectively using the ideas and information. The library encourages the love of reading and development of student’s independent learning skills.
Shemford school library has both printed as well as audio-visual material like CD-ROM and DVDS. There are plenty of books, encyclopedias, picture books, activity books, dictionaries. The library has books on literature in Hindi, and English. We have around 7500 books in our library for varied age groups.
- There is seating capacity of 100 children in the library.
- Students from 3rd to 10th standard visit the library. They refer books and participate in library activities.
- The interior of the library have been designed with a view of making it modern and student friendly.
- The library follows an open access system.
- The school has subscribed many periodicals currently.